• Ability to prepare accurate reports.
• Ability and skill to service, operate and maintain a variety of equipment for the assigned systems.
• Must be able to work cohesively with others.
• Ability to troubleshoot and develop immediate as well as long term solutions to system failures.
• Experience and knowledge of operation, repair and preventative maintenance of mechanical systems related to water and wastewater systems.
• Ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions.
• Experience and knowledge to properly work with chemicals related to water and wastewater operations.
• Perform advanced troubleshooting of hotel Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) systems.
• Display advanced knowledge of all engineering computer programs related to preventative maintenance, energy management, and other systems, including devices that interact with such programs.
• Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
• Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
• Installs and repairs electrical wiring and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
• Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment.
• Attend all scheduled training classes and meetings.
• Transports heavy boxes and packages within the hotel for maintenance and repairs.
• Ensure that the technical aspects of the Engineering operation are maintained and operated in accordance with the requirements stipulated by the company standards.
• Ensure that the standard of workmanship is maintained throughout the properties so as to comply with the property rating.
• Maintain an assessment to the condition of the property buildings and equipment, advising appropriate expenditure levels for it repairs and rectification.
• Responsible for assisting other personnel in emergencies and for carrying out other engineering duties as may be required by the Director of Engineering and according to the needs of the Department.
• Performs related duties and special projects as assigned. The contents of this job description are subject to review, following the consent of the job holder.
• Team player, who values teamwork, has good team building skills and can communicate
JA – Engineering – Doc. Ref: JDTR-Engineering – Facilities Operator
Issue 1 – September 17, 2019
effectively with all levels of employees.
• Positive “can do” attitude and flexible approach – manages with humility.
• Understands and respects local cultural, able to adapt to changing environment
• Other duties as assigned