Assures implementation of JA Resort policies, standards and procedure for:
a) Energy conservation and control.
b) Fire prevention and other life safety programs.
c) Effective guest room routine landscaping works.
d) Energy management systems and procedures.
e) POMEC Engineering and maintenance standards and cost controls.
• Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
• Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
• Installs and repairs electrical wiring and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
• Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment.
• Fabricates and repairs furniture and fixture
• Attend all scheduled training classes and meetings.
• Paints corridors, hotel rooms, and lobby areas when necessary.
• Transports heavy boxes and packages within the hotel for maintenance and repairs.
• Assists in delivering and set-up of all new equipment such as televisions, mattresses, tables, chairs, etc.
• Communicate with Section Supervisor on projects as assigned.
• Ensure that the technical aspects of the Engineering operation are maintained and operated in accordance with the requirements stipulated by the company standards.
• Ensure that the standard of workmanship is maintained throughout the properties so as to comply with the property rating.
• Maintain an assessment to the condition of the property buildings and equipment, advising appropriate expenditure levels for it repairs and rectification.
• Management the day to day operations in Engineering and grounds.
• Responsible for assisting other personnel in emergencies and for carrying out other engineering duties as may be required by the Director of Engineering and according to the needs of the Department.
• Performs related duties and special projects as assigned. The contents of this job description are subject to review, following the consent of the job holder.
• Team player, who values teamwork, has good team building skills and can communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
• Positive “can do” attitude and flexible approach – manages with humility.
• Understands and respects local cultural, able to adapt to changing environment
• Other duties as assigned by Section Manager, Assistant Director of Engineering and/or Director of Engineering