Special guest and Michelin Star Chef, Stefan Karlsson will be joining the JA team for an exciting culinary battle against Executive Chef, Nicolas Smalberger. The fight between expertise and creativity will begin at 5.30pm on Wednesday, 30th October at the JA Palm Tree Court Amphitheatre located within the JA Jebel Ali Golf Resort.
Stefan Karlsson began his extensive career at the young age of 14 years in the South of Sweden and just a few years later he received the award for ‘Rising Young Chef in Sweden’. Over the last 20 years, he has efficiently stepped up the ladder and is today popularly known and loved in Sweden and even received the ‘Chef of the Year’. He has received several accolades and also had the opportunity to cater for the Nobel Prize for five years.
Nicolas Smalberger, originally from Cape Town, South Africa stepped into the award winning Dubai resort to head the culinary teams as the Executive Chef. With over 20 years of hands on experience in kitchens across India, China and New York, Nicolas entered the JA Resorts & Hotels family and today oversees 24 restaurants and bars across the group as well as upgraded and re-designed the menus, service and restaurant offerings.
Guests should start arriving between 5.00pm-5.30pm where they will be served canapés designed by the two chefs. The guests can also vote for their favourite canapés. The main battle will begin at 5.30pm and over 60 minutes, the Chefs will prepare a starter and a main dish and will be judged by several important media representatives with the final results being announced at 7pm.
Chef Stefan Karlsson at White Orchid - 31st October
Dine at White Orchid on the 31st of October with your loved one and enjoy a special night with food designed and created by Swedish celebrity chef, Stefan Karlsson.
The delicious menu is as follows:
Priced at just AED 360, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 04 814 5604 to reserve your table.
- Salmon smoke-marinated and cured with soy salted salmon roe, cream of cauliflower and cream cheese and butter-fried breadcrumbs.
- Scallop, halibut and lobster in seafood broth mixed with raw tomato and vegetables with fennel emulation.
- Panko-style deep-fried langoustine with black pepper-glazed carrots and orange butter sauce.
- Lamb fillet with fried cabbage and onions. Purée of milk boiled garlic and potatoes with sweet and sour dill gravy.
- Apple and bay leave granité
- Pineapple fried with dark rum. Caramel and ginger ice cream. Raisins in rum with anise crisp and coconut foam.