Employee Success Stories
JA Jebel Ali Golf Resort
Murad Ahmed began working with JA Resorts & Hotels in August 2005 as a management trainee working in the Revenue, Front Office and Resort Relations departments. After three months he moved into the Revenue Sales Agent role, a position he held for 2 years.
In 2007 Mr Ahmed was promoted to his current role as Duty Manager at JA Jebel Ali Golf Resort. Through JA Resorts & Hotels he is now studying Hospitality Management at the American Hotel and Lodging Institute so he can move into the Assistant Front Office Manager role and then ultimately secure the Front Office Manager Position.
JA Resorts & Hotels strives to offer employees every opportunity to extend their career and themselves.
“JA Resorts & Hotels management likes to develop their employees and they really care about them.” Says Mr Ahmed.
Transport & Accommodation Manager, JA Jebel Ali Golf Resort
Henry Nazareth has been with JA Resorts & Hotels for 28 years. A loyal employee he holds the position of Transport & Accommodation Manager at JA Jebel Ali Golf Resort, and is responsible for all the transport and accommodation requirements for the Resort and its staff.
Mr Nazareth’s role includes overlooking the smooth operation of the transport department as per company regulations, as well as managing and maintaining the company accommodation at the Resort.
Mr Nazareth says that JA Resorts & Hotels’s flexibility and positive work environment has kept him with the company for so many years:
“I enjoy my work, as the company allows you to work with freedom, extends help when needed, provides a friendly environment and has great people. After working long years, I feel JA Resorts & Hotels is my first home” He says.JA Resorts & Hotels has a long tradition of hospitality and excellence, however, this reputation is only as good as each one of our staff. We believe that our single most important asset is our employees, so at JA Resorts & Hotels we strive to help our staff develop and grow with the company.
We recognise that finding the right employer can be a very daunting and time consuming task, but finding the right company for you is a vital step on the road to a rewarding career and a bright future.
Within our portfolio of premium hotel and leisure properties there are a number of exciting career opportunities ideal for those who want to extend themselves and their careers.
These positions include:
Front Office (Reception, reservations, guest relations, concierge, communications)
- Housekeeping (Rooms & public areas, laundry and linen room)
- Sales & Marketing (Sales, marketing, loyalty club, e-marketing)
- Kitchen (Hot kitchen, cold kitchen, pastry, butchery, artistry)
- Food & Beverage (Operational and administrative, conference & banqueting)
- Accounts (Finance, purchasing, cost control, information technology)
- Human Resources (Employee welfare, training, recruitment)
- Quality Department
- Leisure & Recreation (Golf, marina, beach & pools, stables, shooting club)
Our Culture & Values
At JA Resorts & Hotels our solid reputation and success is driven by our strong core values of “Integrity Above Everything”
In order to maintain our tradition of hospitality and excellence we encourage all our staff to live and work by the following values and appropriate behaviour:
Action and urgency –Getting the job done, on time.
Positive Attitude – We will find a way
Preferred Employer of Choice –Hiring & retaining great employees
Recognition – Recognition and respect for all
Owners’ Mentality – We will operate the business as if it is our own
Personal training – Reaching our true potential
Real Teamwork – Collective spirit
Innovation – Creativity leading to differentiation
Accountability – Always responsible for our actions
Transparency & Openness – Sharing information and knowledge
Energy – Determination to keep going
Current Open Positions
- Chef de Cuisine - Enchanted Island Resort, Seychelles
- Sous Chef – Pan Asian Cuisine
- Chef de Partie – Italian Cuisine – JA Manafaru, Maldives
- Commis I
- Commis II
|F & B |
- Waiter- Enchanted Island Resort, Seychelles
- Waitress / Waiter – Banquet, Room Service, Restaurant
- Bartender – JA Manafaru, Maldives
- Shisha Man
|FRONT OFFICE |
- Security Agent- Enchanted Island Resort, Seychelles
- Concierge Agent with UAE driving license
- Guest Service Operator
- Guest Service Agent
- Experience Host – Russian Speaker – JA Manafaru, Maldives
- Lobby Hostess
- Guest Relations Officer (German/Russian speaker)
|CENTRAL RESERVATION OFFICE |
- Customer Service Executive
- Reservations Agent with Guest Relations Experience -
Enchanted Island Resort, Seychelles
|HOUSE KEEPING |
- Junior Technician- Enchanted Island Resort, Seychelles
- AC Technician
How do I apply?
If you are interested in more information about career or training opportunities within JA Resorts & Hotels, or wish to apply for a particular position, please send us an updated copy of your CV with a short cover letter explaining what interests you about our industry:
Corporate Recruitment Team
JA Resorts & Hotels
P.O. Box 9255, Dubai
United Arab Emirates
Tel +971 4 315 4444
All applications will be handled in confidence, and please do not forget to include your contact details on your application.
Thank you for your time and interest in JA Resorts & Hotels and we hope that one day we may have the opportunity to welcome you to our team!